Labels

Thursday, October 20, 2016

~ ARC review ~ The Broken Road to Forever by Rhonda Dennis & LK Owen ~


The Broken Road to Forever... Well, that was a life lesson story. I have to admit that I wasn't too sure about this one and nearly stopped reading, but I carried on and I'm so happy that I did.
I'm not a fan of high school/college stories, this is why I thought about dropping it, but once I got to the part of the characters' adult life, I began to understand what is the broken road to forever actually is...


Mallory and Brent have known each other forever. Since kindergarten, they’ve shared the same school and classroom. Brent is super mean to Mallory and always makes her feel insecure. He keeps behaving like that all through their years in school and then high school. What Brent doesn't know is that Mallory has feelings for him, and what Mallory doesn't know is that Brent feels the same.
On their homecoming prom night, he confesses to her about his feelings and with this moment everything changes between them. Unfortunately, Brent is a high-profile jock who lives under his father standards and Mallory, well Mallory is nothing close. She doesn't look like one of the girls his father expects him to date. She has no money whatsoever and she is definitely not one of the popular kids. They both struggle to find their way to one another and when the struggle ends and the fairy tale begins, it doesn't last forever. 


Brent and Mallory's journey is full of love, struggles, fear and situations that each and every one of us can relate to. I have to applaud the authors for such an amazing job. Writing together is not an easy task but they did it so perfect that I couldn't tell who wrote what. Every word, every struggle, every shed tear felt like they were my own. Like I said, each and every one of us can relate...
Great job L.K. + Rhonda! You two are a match made in heaven.



No comments:

Post a Comment