Labels

Sunday, November 13, 2016

~Review - Collecting the Pieces by L.A. Fiore~



"Sometimes love is unwanted, raw and untamed. Demanding all from us, but giving back even more. Not the love we thought we wanted, but the love we need…"

After gathering my thoughts, I'm still not sure how to review this book and keep it spoiler free. Every little detail is so important and so powerful in this amazingly written story. This is the first time that I've read anything written by L.A. Fiore but I can promise you that - this is not going to be my last. L.A. takes us on a journey of love, loss, hope and struggles that you can’t ever imagine. My heart broke so many times, that just like the title, I had to collect every piece of it after I finished reading. 
Sidney is one of the strongest heroines I have ever read about. Her life was a struggle since the day her parents left her when she was just a baby. She grew up in the system and wished for love, family and stability her whole life. When she finally finds all of that with Jack, her first love, her fairy tale doesn't last long. 3 years after, she meets Abel - oh Abel <sigh> what can I possibly say about Abel? Perfect is not even close when it comes to describing him! He has so many layers and I fell in love with each and every one of them... 


They both learn how to complete each other and with that made me believe that life indeed is full of surprises. Their journey together left me breathless and I will need to re-read it again soon, I'm sure of that. If someone asked me to describe this story in one word only, it would be MAGIC. This is how I felt through all of it. There is a kind of magic in the power of words and L.A. has it for sure. One more thing before I'm done, if you're an animal lover (like me), you're absolutely going to love this story! 
Thank you L.A. for this magic! I will be collecting the pieces of my heart and soul for a very long time...


No comments:

Post a Comment