Labels

Friday, March 10, 2017

~ Review - Devil You Know by L.A. Fiore ~


★★★★★

Oh My God, this book! I don't know where to start! I received an early ARC and I'm so so sooo grateful for that. Devil You Know was even more perfect than I expected it to be. L.A. Fiore claimed her way into my heart with her previous book Collecting the Pieces, and with this one - well, she sure proved that she deserves that place for good. 

Damian Tate had a rough childhood. His dad left when he was just a kid and his mom... well, let's just say she didn't do justice to the role of mom as expected of her. During his high school years he meets Cam and they become best friends. He also meets Thea, Cam's twin sister, and they click immediately. Damian becomes a part of their family and with every day that goes by, the connection between him and Thea grows stronger and stronger until they fall in love. Everything is good and right in their love bubble, 'til reality kicks in and they need to make some hard decisions about their future together.
From the first page I knew this book was going to rip my heart out and I was right. It touched me so deeply and I was on edge through all of it. Thea and Damian's journey was an emotional rollercoaster. Besides the struggles they went through keeping their relationship together, they had to deal with something so much bigger that was threatening their lives. 

The importance of love and family is the main issue in this book and I love L.A. for that. Through her words, she knows how to touch every part of the reader's soul, makes your heart beat faster with every page and the sex scenes - so yummy! Like I said, it was a rollercoaster! The characters were developed amazingly, as well as the storyline. I laughed A LOT, I cried A LOT, and I also fell in love more than once... 



No comments:

Post a Comment